Saturday, March 7, 2015

Hen Wallow Falls

Hen Wallow Falls (My favorite waterfall in the Smokies)
March 7, 2015
4.2 Miles Total
0 New Miles
364.29 Total Smoky Miles to Date (Since November 2013)
52.10 Total Miles in 2015



Beautiful day, beautiful hike, beautiful waterfall.....what more could you ask for???????

The trail to Hen Wallow Falls is a steady incline the whole way but not noticeable.  The only real challenge on the trail was the decline down to the falls and the ice and snow along the trail.  But totally worth it for the reward of the falls.








The sun was shining, the sky was clear and it warmed up nicely.  We even got a little bit of a sun tan!






By the time we got back down to the bottom the snow had all melted away.


After two weeks of resting my foot, I couldn't wait to get back to my love.  I am pretty sure I have never been so happy in my life as when I was standing in front of Hen Wallow Falls.  There is just something about that waterfall.  Add in the clear blue skies, the sun shining, the icicles hanging around the falls.  Just what my heart needed.  Can't wait until my next adventure!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment