Saturday, March 5, 2016

Abrams Falls

Abrams Falls
March 5, 2016
6 Miles Total
0 New Miles
635.37 Total Smoky Miles to Date (Since November 2013)
36.4 Total Miles in 2016

Finally got my mom to join me on a hike.  I took her to Abrams Falls.  It was a beautiful day.  A little chilly to start with but it warmed up quickly when we started hiking.  We decided to hike on for a few miles because that is one of my favorite trails.  It follows the river as it climbs steadily towards Hatcher Mountain.  We turned around at the first challenging creek crossing because I know the climb out can be exhausting, especially if you haven't hiked in years.  The next challenge is to get my brother on the trail.















In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.  -John Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment