Sunday, May 22, 2016

Chimney Tops Trail

Chimney Tops Trail
May 22, 2016
4 Miles Total
0 New Miles
681.67 Total Smoky Miles to Date (Since November 2013)
82.7 Total Miles in 2016

I don't care how good of shape you are in, this trail will hurt!  LOL!  It starts out easy enough but then the incline begins.  Then the stairs begin!  It is only 2 miles to the top but it feels like 2 miles of stairs.  I feel like the theme for Rocky should be playing in speakers along this trail. You have to climb more than 960 feet over the course of the last mile!  We did meet the sweetest older couple along the way.  The husband was so encouraging to his wife.  Stopping to check on her, telling her she was doing great, hugging her and giving her sweet kisses on the cheek.  And yes, they did make it to the top!  It was encouraging to me to get to experience their love and determination.  I want to be just like them at their age!



























































Love me some rock climbing!



The Peak


That's the peak to the left of my head


Dirty hands mean I had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment